It’s not easy creating and maintaining a t-shirt design business, especially if you lack the creativity to create your own designs. However, it’s really how you run the business that gives you a fighting chance in the world of t-shirt commerce.
So what do you really need to succeed in making t-shirts on your own?
- Original concept. With a concept that’s truly your own, you will find no difficulty marketing your products. Then again, it’s hard to create something that’s really original today. You might take in inspiration from a few other designs to create one unique design, but remember not to imitate.
- Eye for Design. There are different people with different tastes in design. You should know that and you should design accordingly. Learn to vary between designs that are loud and designs that are simple yet classy.
- Like previously said, you shouldn’t aim for loud and colorful designs all the time. Simple designs are most of the time more appreciated than designs that feature complicated symbols and shapes.
- A Colorful shirt. This doesn’t mean the color of the design, but the color combination of the shirt and the design. Learning this isn’t extremely difficult. There are available tutorials on the web; alternatively, you can learn which colors work together and don’t by testing them on photo editing software.
- Quality Product. You can create products all you want, but you should make sure your product is of good quality. A good way of making sure is to buy only quality materials—at an affordable price, if you’re just starting out—to help in the creation of good merchandise.
- An idea of what you’re doing. Ahead of making sure that you sell big, you should also know big. Study up on design trends; know what people want. This helps in making sure you’ll sell big.
That’s only a few tips. What you should really do is to practice this while you work. Remember, experience is a very good teacher.